Monday, March 9, 2015

Mandara

Arjuna Before Leaving to Heaven from Mandara Mountain

'O mountain, thou art ever the refuge of holy, Munis of virtuous conduct and behaviour. It is through thy grace, O mountain, that people attain heaven, and their anxieties gone, sport with the celestials.

O king of mountains,

O mountain, thou art the asylum of Munis, and thou holdest on thy breast numerous sacred shrines. Happily have I dwelt on thy heights. I leave thee now, bidding thee farewell. Often have I seen thy tablelands and bowers, thy springs and brooks, and the sacred shrines on thy breast. I have also eaten the savoury fruits growing on thee, and have slated my thirst with draughts of perfumed water oozing from the body. I have also drunk the water of thy springs, sweet as amrita itself.

O mountain, as a child sleepeth happily on the lap of his father, so have I,

O king of mountains,

O excellent one, sported on thy breast, echoing with the notes of Apsaras and the chanting of Vedas.

O mountain, every day have I lived happily on thy tablelands.'

https://freeglobaluniversity.blogspot.com/search/label/Ocean

Lomasa to Yudhistira http://www.sacred-texts.com/hin/m03/m03139.htm

Source

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels